Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Brownies
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×8″ baking dish and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from the heat, and stir in the peanut butter.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the egg to the butter & sugar mixture and mix well. Add the vanilla extract and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared dry ingredients, and stir to create a thick, smooth batter. Fold in half the chocolate chips, reserving the rest for sprinkling on top.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, spreading the batter evenly to the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with the chocolate chips and lightly press them into the batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the top is golden and the edges are slightly browned. Allow to cool in the pan. Cut into squares and serve.